Tuesday 26 February 2013

Moby Dick


Moby Dick illustration -  inspired by my inability to get through the book. I  borrowed this book ages ago from a friend and have so far failed to get though it. I believe we even had some sort of bet that I would get through it in 3 months or something. Try 3 years.

Inside the book is this inscription:

"To my long lost friend Ernie, may we live forever

love, John Gray."


I think that's pretty beautiful and inspired me to really really want to want to try to read this book. It was going great, then I stopped. Perhaps this post will really relight my desire to find out what happens. Or perhaps as is more likely, it won't.

It really is a great book though, I'm about half way through it, and will endeavour to get it read. The illustration came from the feeling that I had to get back into it. I also wanted to make some more covers as I had done for 'The Catcher In The Rye'.


There's something really nice about making book covers, especially a book like this, where there is so much to draw from, which incidentally I have made it all the way through. This was made for a Forbidden Planet Blog I wrote about in a previous post. I don't know if there was ever a winner but it was good to do and was posted here:

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2012/where-have-all-the-illustrators-gone-a-gallery-of-entries/

No comments:

Post a Comment