Friday 22 February 2013

Pullman Porter, Grotbags and a really old music video


I recently created this image for my friend Dave's Folk Punk project, Pullman Porter. His music can be viewed here, the first song is my favourite, which incidentally has me and my wife to be on backing vocals on the chorus. Hooray!

It's all here:

http://pullmanporter.bandcamp.com/

While we're on the musical thread I also made this for my band 'The Dead Anyways'.(also with Dave) We needed something green and anarchic, so who better than lovable Children's TV pantomime villain/Witch, Grotbags. I'm pretty sure she didn't dribble like this but these things just happen when I'm drawing. Will possibly be coming at you as some sort of tee shirt soon!


We play some exciting 3 chord punk music, a selection of which, as well as my face in deep concentration can be heard on bandcamp:

http://thedeadanyways.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2012


Over the years I've made a few different things with Dave; I made the video below for him about 6 years ago,  for an acoustic song called 'Bred From Honour'. Basically, it's filled with big robots destroying stuff with an underlying message about big corporations and all of that. The robots themselves are now being incorporated into a new project I'm making with my studio mate Anthony Lamb.
I think it is always good to revisit old pieces of work -  I think there are a few faults in this, but there's a lot of fun bits and pieces in it -  it's pretty simple too.  I'd almost forgotten it existed up to a short while ago, and enough time has passed where I don't look at it and feel too critical, it's just having fun creating something for someone else.

1 comment: